Sign up for email updates from Kern County Fair
Ensures the safety and security of guests, patrons, employees and
business partners. This is a seasonal/temporary position not to exceed 122 days. The candidate must be available to cover late night and weekend shifts. Must have a positive customer-oriented attitude and professional image. The ability to work independently, identifying resources and making independent decisions is a must.
1. Any material or deliberate omission of any fact in my application may be justification for refusal of, or if employed, termination from employment. It is my understanding that the Kern County Fair may make an investigation of my work history and may verify any information given in application for employment, related papers, or oral interviews. I herewith release from liability any person giving or receiving any such information. I agree that my employment may be terminated by the Kern County Fair at any time without liability for wages or salary except such as may have been earned at the date of such termination.
2. I understand that the business needs of the Kern County Fair may, at times, require me to work excess hours, shift work, a rotating schedule other than Monday through Friday. Social Security will not be withheld from my wages; however, Medicare will be deducted. All employees not eligible for Public Employees Retirement System will automatically be enrolled in the State’s PST Plan (Part-time, Seasonal, Temporary retirement Plan.)
3. I understand that the Department of Food & Agriculture will not allow the Kern County Fair to employ a part-time, seasonal, or temporary employee more than 125 working days per calendar year or 1,000 hours per fiscal year and that employment with the Fair does not guarantee future, permanent or civil service status.
4. I further understand that the signing of this application does not constitute an offer of employment by the Kern County Fair. In the event of employment, I understand that I am required to abide by all rules and regulations of the company. I understand that I will be required to furnish documents that establish my identity and eligibility to work in the United States, in compliance with the Immigration and Reform Act of 1986.
5. I certify that I have read, understand, and will adhere to the aforementioned statements.