The ID checker’s main responsibility is to check ID’s in order to receive a wristband which allows them to consume alcohol. They must also ensure that no guest is using a fake ID or someone else’s ID.
ID Checkers need to be alert, aware and fast paced. They need to know key questions to ask to someone they think might be using an ID that doesn’t belong to them and they need to know the exact date someone must be born to be 21 (this is today’s date, 21 years ago). The candidate must be available to cover late night and weekend shifts. Must have a positive customer-oriented attitude and professional image. The ability to work independently, identifying resources and making independent decisions is a must.
Their duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Ensuring that the guest is using his / her ID, not a family member or friend’s.
- Ensuring the ID is not expired.
- Knowing tell-tale signs of a fake ID (touch, color, etc.)
- Recognizing a name and or face in case someone has passed off an ID for someone waiting outside.
- Knowing which questions to ask if you are suspicious of an ID (zodiac signs, etc.)
If not, you will be subject to a 7.5% retirement deduction. This 7.5% deduction is instead of Social Security.
2023 KC Fair
Please list two professional references: